Ali’s Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Chocolate Chip Coconut Rum Cookies. Nutrient-Dense, Whole Food Ingredients In Every Product. Great recipe for Ali's Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Chocolate Chip Coconut Rum Cookies. A spin-off of the original gluten-free dairy-free cookies.
Combine shortening, eggs, flavorings, sugars, rum, and salt. In separate bow, combine flour and baking powder. See recipes for Ali's Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Chocolate Chip Coconut Rum Cookies too. You can have Ali’s Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Chocolate Chip Coconut Rum Cookies using 12 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ali’s Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Chocolate Chip Coconut Rum Cookies
- Prepare 1 cup of shortening.
- It’s 2 of large eggs.
- It’s 1 tsp. of butter flavoring.
- It’s 1 Tbsp. of vanilla flavoring.
- You need 1/4 cup of coconut Rum (Malibu or Parrot Bay).
- Prepare 3/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 3/4 cup of light brown sugar (packed).
- Prepare 1 Tbsp. of coarse Kosher salt.
- You need 1 tsp. of baking powder.
- Prepare 2-1/4 cup of gluten-free all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips (more or less as desired).
- It’s 1/2 cup of sweetened coconut flakes.
Roll tablespoon-sized balls of dough between your palms, then roll in more sifted confectioner's sugar, gluten free chocolate jimmies or sprinkles, grated coconut, more crushed crispy rice cereal or more OWYN protein powder or cocoa. Everyone will love this Edible Gluten Free Cookie Dough. Egg-free so it's totally safe to eat by the spoon full. Fearless Dining's ultimate favorite gluten free cookie recipe.
Ali’s Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Chocolate Chip Coconut Rum Cookies step by step
- Combine shortening, eggs, flavorings, sugars, rum, and salt. Mix on low to combine, then cream on medium-high speed for about 2 minutes until fully blended and light in color and texture..
- In separate bow, combine flour and baking powder. Sift or mix well with whisk..
- Turn mixer to lowest speed and fold in flour mixture a little at a time. Alternatively, fold flour mixture into wet batter by hand with large spatula. Fold until combined, but don’t overwork. A little bit of dry flour is ok at this point..
- Add chocolate chips and coconut flakes to dough mixture. Fold by hand with large spatula until fully incorporated..
- Cover mixing bowl with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour to chill dough..
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheet or 1/2 sheet pan with parchment paper..
- Use 1 tablespoon measuring soon to scoop balls of cookie dough. Place on parchment-lined sheet pan, about 2” apart. (1/2 sheet pan makes 12 cookies).
- Bake 10-11 minutes until edges start to brown. This will make soft, chewy cookies. For a little firmer bite, cook 1-2 additional minutes until tops start to brown..
- Remove from oven and let rest for about 1 minute. Transfer to wire rack to cool..
- Let pan cool for a few minutes before starting next batch..
- Quick Tip- to speed up process, remove parchment paper and run backside of pan under cool water for 10-15 seconds. Make sure to dry off any excess water. Replace parchment and start next batch..
- Option #1 – place a small pinch of coconut flake on top of cookie dough ball before baking to add some extra texture. The flakes will melt in slightly and tips will brown for that toasted coconut flavor..
- Option #2 – lightly sprinkle a little extra coarse kosher salt over tops of cookies as soon as removed from oven and resting on pan. Don’t over do it… just ever so subtle..
- Serve warm with glass of favorite milk or coffee. Let cookies cool completely on wire rack and store in air-tight container. The flavor and texture actually gets better the next day!.
Gluten Free Cowboy Cookies are crazy good! If you love cookie dough, here is another fun gluten free dessert: Gluten Free Cookie Dough Magic Bars. Whether you're craving vegan sugar cookies, gluten free gingerbread cookies or paleo shortbread cookies, this gluten free cookie round up has the cookie recipe of your dreams! Add the flours, sugar, salt and baking soda to a large mixing bowl. Note: Bakery only ships breads, muffins, powdered-sugar brownies and some cookies (chocolate chip and ginger snaps).