Coconut macaroons. Combine the coconut, condensed milk, and vanilla in a large bowl. Whip the egg whites and salt on high speed in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the. In a small bowl, combine the coconut, sugar, flour and salt.
Whisk the egg whites, sugar, salt and vanilla in a large bowl until combined; fold in the coconut. There was quite a bit of difference in texture and taste. This recipe was good, but not great. You can have Coconut macaroons using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Coconut macaroons
- It’s 2 of egg whites.
- It’s 3/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
- You need 2 1/2 cup of desiccated coconut.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of all-purpose flour.
It was hard on the outside and chewy within. The taste did taste a lot like the sweetened condensed milk. My first time making coconut macaroons and these came out great. The few recipes I looked at before this one called for condensed milk or unbeaten egg whites which sounded unusual.
Coconut macaroons step by step
- Take egg whites in a bowl and whisk till foamy,divide 3/4 cup sugar in 3 parts and whisk adding each part till sugar dissolves.
- Add last part of sugar and whisk till you get stiff peak.now add vanilla essence and whisk.
- Now add desiccated coconut and mix well,now lastly add all-purpose flour and mix all together.now the batter is ready.
- Now scoop some batter and place on the baking tray lined with butter paper.now bake 180° for 15 mins.bake till slightly golden. Cool them and enjoy. Can store them in airtight container for 1 week.pic 3 see how flaky and crisp. Please subscribe my #youtube blog Tanvi.s 25 yummy food blog.
So I tried my hand at this recipe. It was pretty simple to whip together easier than making chocolate chip cookies (and healthier). Coconut macaroons can be made simply with egg whites and sugar, but sweetened condensed milk, coconut cream, heavy cream, or butter all add moisture to an otherwise dry cookie. Start with a smaller amount of your liquid of choice, and add just enough for the dough to hold together. Tips for Making the Best Macaroons the Way YOU Like Them!